NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
The Department of Premier and Cabinet drives the State Plan, manages statewide issues and projects, drafts and publishes legislation, manages public sector staff and resources, and ensures a whole-of government approach.
NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water
The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) administers a number of programs and initiatives: -
- Climate Change Fund - includes the Green Business Program, the Renewable Energy Development Fund, the Residential Rebate Program and others.
- Energy Efficiency for Small Business Program – offers a subsidized personalised energy assessment and energy rebate for eligible businesses.
- Energy Saver Program – offers a subsidised audit and implementation support for eligible medium to large sized businesses.
- Sustainability Advantage Program – a business support service designed to help NSW businesses understand sustainability, successfully manage for a better environment and add business value
- Industry Action Plans - the NSW Government is developing Industry Action Plans to position key sectors of the State's economy for strong growth, resilience, improved innovation and productivity, global competitiveness, and new investment opportunities over the next decade.
Community Services (formerly DoCS) is part of the NSW Department of Human Services and is the leading Government agency responsible for community services. Programs administered by Community Services include:-
- Brighter Futures – early intervention services that provide targeted support to vulnerable children and families.
- Supported Accommodation Assistance Program – provides funding for more than 400 services to help people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Families NSW – is a whole-of-government strategy to coordinate and improve services provided by various government departments as well as community-based organizations. The Families NSW website has links to the services and projects that make up Families NSW.
- Community Builders – this funding program provides grants to non-government not-for-profits and councils for projects which strengthen communities and help to build a fair and equitable society. Applications for 2010 closed in December 2009.
Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC) is part of the NSW Department of Human Services. ADHC provides support and services to more than 1 million older people, people with disabilities and their carers in NSW. Programs include:-
- Home and Community Care Program– helps frail older people and people with a disability who would otherwise be prematurely or inappropriately admitted to residential care to live independently in their home.
NSW Transport and Infrastructure is the lead agency of the transport portfolio with primary responsibility for transport coordination, transport policy and planning, transport services and transport infrastructure. Agencies within the transport portfolio include: Roads and Traffic Authority, RailCorp, Transport Infrastructure Development Corporationand the Sydney Ports Corporation.